Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Life Continues and Questions Are Answered

I logged onto the blog this morning and read the time line above: 5 days until we are a family of 5! Wow~unbelievable! Obviously, my brain has wrapped around the fact that we will be pulling two more beautiful children into our family, but when I see "family of 5" it blows my mind away. Sometimes you feel like something is never going to happen and then, all of a sudden, the time is here. Right now, there just aren't
enough hours in the day accomplish what I need to. Every day I have grand plans and the plans take a lot longer to carry out than O think they should. I have gotten better at letting certain things go, removing them off of my list because they just don't matter. But just to give you an idea of my last two days, I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to track down a form that we need. THIS WAS NOT IN THE PLANS and threw my whole day off. Bottom line, I got nothing resolved with it, but our CHI rep told me not to stress about it. I spent the rest of the day running errands, getting bills and a pile full of receipts in order, trying to catch up with laundry, made a list of general clothing items to pack, and ended the day by putting up a wallpaper border in Andres' room with Matt. We started wallpapering at 11pm. Thank goodness I had a little relief in there by going to Luke's baseball game.




I definitely need that release each day, and I have found that I seek that time with him every night. Two nights ago, it was sitting and watching him and Matt play soccer and then I played basketball with him until dark. Luke's presence is really the highlight of my every day--from the time he wakes up until the time he falls asleep. The other night, he asked if we could say prayers for Maria and Andres. His went something like, "Dear God, please watch over Maria and Andres and make sure that they have shelter. Help them so they won't cry and be scared of us when we see them. Let them know we love them." Just makes my heart melt. Anyway. . . today I spent my ENTIRE day running errands--I think last I counted, I made 18 stops today. Of course three of them were to Target. Then, I realized that I needed to get the yard mowed so I did that. Lovely night to be out! Thank goodness Luke has been occupied by our friends after school the past two days. (Thanks a BUNCH, Cindy!!!!!) He convinced me tonight that I needed to take a break (which I did) and watch American Idol. GO DAVID COOK!!!! (Someone, anyone, PLEASE let us know who wins next week. I can't believe I won't get to see it and cheer on the hometown KC boy, David Cook. But I guess the pay off is worth it.) Again, another nice release but I have to admit I was running around doing things during commercials. With only two days left, packing to do, errands to complete, and laundry to do, I am questioning how it's going to get all done. I guess the fact that I am blogging at 11pm is a pretty good indication of the fact that my days seem to never end.

With that all being said, I truly am enjoying all of this. The stress comes and goes but I keep reminding myself that no matter what, I will be seeing our kids in 5 MORE DAYS!! I apologize to all of you who have written e-mails, left phone messages, tried to stop by, etc. and our paths have not crossed. Please know we are grateful for all of your support and understanding at this very hectic time. We look forward to catching up with you all when we get back home.

Well, I gotta wrap this up. The washing machine just stopped and I need to get upstairs and get the next load in. Then it's off to bed--or at least I am hopeful to get there before midnight! We found out that we will be staying at El Refugio. If you are interested in seeing more of the B&B you can go to www.geocities.com/casahotelelrefugio/ingles.htm and see it. Not your typical 4 star place but we'll survive. We understand the people there are wonderful and his was our preference so we are ecstatic that we have been assigned there.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Just wanted to let you know i have been following along and am so excited for you. Praying for a smooth trip and lots of memory making.

D and Moni said...

wow! I feel exhausted just reading this...guess it's something i have to be prepared for when our time comes. It's hard to imagine what it would be like to leave your home and country for a whole month!!! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!
Monica