Saturday, April 19, 2008

We have a date!

We received a call from CHI yesterday to confirm that we will be traveling to Ubate on Monday, May 19 to meet Maria and Andres at 10:00am ET. That's one month from today!! That means we will head to Bogota a few days before that. We are thrilled to finally have a date so that we can begin the rest of our preparations.

It has been a busy week in our house. I've found that I will begin one thing and then start doing another. So, I'm tending to various matters, just not completing them. Hopefully, as time goes on, I'll feel like I have things a little more under control. We've been trying really hard to ease Luke into this transition. After being an only child for almost 8 years, this will be a big adjustment. But I have to say, he has surprised Matt and I! Since we found out about Maria and Andres, he has acted different--older. When we asked him about it, he told us that it was because, "I'm going to be the big brother and I want to be a good role model." Ok, so maybe sometimes kids do listen to their parents. ; ) We were wondering how long the honeymoon period would be, but I have to say, he's continuing to live up to the bargain. We are so proud of him!

Finally, I couldn't resist including this picture. Obviously, anyone who enters this family has to be a Jayhawk! So, I bought each of the kids a National Championship t-shirt. I just look at the shirts all together and can't wait to see the stair-step of sizes when Luke, Maria and Andres are side-by-side. What a beautiful picture it will be!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow! In a month from now you will be meeting the rest of your family! Praying that you have a peaceful month but that everything that has to be done, gets done!

Boyacheks said...

Yeah, you have the Date!! I think we will just miss you guys. We are looking into going to the beach and will let you know what we find out. Apparently, they have good deals here so we will see. Congrats!!!
Jaime

D and Moni said...

Of course they will be Jayhawks fans, Colombia's colors just match and the transition is easy! :) So cool to have a date! We will be following your journey closely! One step at a time with the preparations and soon you will be all ready to go! God bless you as you prepare!

Jacq & Jason said...

Congradulations on your date. It just makes everything seem real. I am so excited for you. How is Luke doing? Is he getting excited? Hopefully I will get to chat with you tonight!
Jacq

Genece said...

So excited for you as you now know that target date! It's quite the accomplishment when you've come this far, isn't it? I know you've got to be so proud of Luke for stepping up to the challenge and really showing maturity during this time.

Luke, you'll be great at being a big brother! Doesn't that sound cool... you're going to be a big brother, with a sister and a brother around you all the time!!! Seems Marissa kicked it into gear maturing beyond belief just before traveling too, and it was so helpful to us.

Love the little shirts. Those are cute!

Hope all goes well as you ready yourselves for the next phase!
Sending prayers, Genece

Brian and Penny said...

I am jumping up and down for you! You will need to write down any words of wisdom for us as we could be there right behind you....

Penny