Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Day of Uncertainty

Well, the week has been filled with a tremendous amount of gathering and organizing paperwork to send off for our visas.  Late last night, I realized that we never received a letter that CHI was to send us so I immediately e-mailed them.  When they called today, I was told that they sent it UPS on April 14 and received on the 17th.  What?  We never got a package from UPS!  Bottom line, we never received it because it was sent to our old address.  I was told if we were unable to get it, we would have to postpone our date to get the kids.  I was bummed all day as I tried to find ways to get a hold of the people who live in our old house.  Well, long story short, Luke and I finally decided to drive down once evening hit, and thank goodness, someone was home and they had the package!  Big relief!  Now, I am not complaining because I am SO thankful we have it in hand, but I'm also kind of bummed because this is often a moment people photograph.  So I missed out on a photo op but I have my sanity back.

But here's the best part--a few more pictures!!!  Aren't they absolutely adorable!?  It's wonderful to see those smiles.  Makes me long to see them more than I already do.  Enjoy!





3 comments:

Jenn said...

Adorable! :)

Genece said...

They are so cute! What a good thing the people in the other house had the package and actually saved it! WOW! That reminded me of how we had to track down a UPS package containing info on the 2nd set of siblings we were hoping to adopt. Somehow the package went to a very old address across town that UPS had in their database -- a house Rick rented some 16 years ago or so.

So glad it worked out for you and you can keep with your dates!

Anonymous said...

So Cute!!!