Tuesday, April 8, 2008

24 HOURS TO REMEMBER

What an incredible 24 hours it has been!  First, let me preface this by saying that there will be some "adoption" news as I know that's why many are reading, but I'll get to that in a minute. Let's start with last night.  As most of you know I am a Kansas Jayhawk fanatic who lives, bleeds, breathes and will die crimson and blue.   I feel such tremendous pride for my alma mater.  Even when our teams don't win, I am a steady fan who cheers them through the highs and lows.   Football or basketball. . . it makes no difference.  When they lose, I hurt for them. When they win, I celebrate with them. After 20 years of waiting, the Jayhawks worked their way through the NCAA tournament and won the national championship!  What an awesome night to see my son sitting in front of the TV with great intensity, hoping and praying for a Jayhawk victory.   Once again, I can see that I have a Jayhawk in the making.  Luke and I screamed (after Mario Chalmers game-tying 3 I hurt my vocal cords), we were calm, we paced, we left the room, but in the end, we celebrated.  It was incredible!   It was after 1am that I went to sleep and my sleep was interrupted multiple times throughout every hour until I finally got out of bed at 5:45am.  My mind was crazed with thoughts of what it must be like to be in San Antonio, in Lawrence on Mass street.  I just couldn't get the thoughts out of my mind.  I couldn't wait to get up, put on my Kansas shirt and let the whole world know I am a Jayhawk.  For those of you who aren't sports fans, this may all sound a little crazy to you.  But this is the stuff I live for.  Well, I also live for good news.  Which leads to the second half of the story.
This evening, I jumped into my car to go get milk.  This is not an errand I particularly enjoy.  I mean, seriously, does anyone else think that milk prices are absolutely crazy right now!!??  Not only that, but I am EXHAUSTED.  I don't remember the last time I got a measly 4 1/2 hours of sleep before I had to go to work.  Even when Luke was a baby, at least I could go about 5 hours. All the way to the store, I was lamenting about how tired I was, how I couldn't wait to get home and turn in for the evening.  When I got to the grocery store, I checked my cell phone before heading inside. Most of the time when Matt or I go to the store, the other will call for a few other items.  So I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a call.  Instead, I saw the notification that I had a new e-mail. When I opened it, I saw it was from CHI, our adoption agency.  The e-mail read, "And just after you asked!  We finally received news today that they moved you to the list for 2 siblings 0-7 on 3/18/08."  Are you kidding me!!??  Did I read that right?  Not only had we been approved, but we were approved 3 weeks ago?   I closed my phone, screamed at the top of my lungs (straining my vocal cords once again) and immediately had to open it up again and re-read.   Not only were we approved 3 weeks ago, (which ultimately means 3 weeks of waiting have already passed--YIPPEE!) but CHI believes we will have our new children within the next 3-6 months!!!!!!
I'm sure you can tell I am ecstatic.  I am no longer tired, want to celebrate and wish I could run to Lawrence and have a party of my own!  Life is good, God has blessed us.  Our dreams will soon come true!

10 comments:

Dan and Karen said...

Congratulations! Isn't it nice to know that those 3 weeks of waiting are already over - and they didn't hurt a bit! I know everyone says it, but it's true - before you know it you will be making airline reservations and packing suitcases.
Karen

D and Moni said...

Ditto Rock Chalk KU!!! (See our blog for my hubby's take on it :) We were floating today over the news! And you have absolutely fabulous news on the adoption front too! What a day! You are so close to getting your Colombian addition to your family! Congratulations!!! God is good!!!

Melanie M. said...

Soooo excited for you guys!! What wonderful news...I can't wait to give you a congrats hug in person!
Mel

Jenn said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

So excited for you!! Now the countdown is really on!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are all very excited to here that you are that much closer. We cannot wait to read that you have been sent to a region for assignment and then ASSIGNED. I predict a very busy and exciting summer to come.

Beth said...

Awesome news! What more can i say! This next part of the wait will go by in no time and then off to meet your new additions. How exciting!

Wendy Marckx said...

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU! I think I pulled a muscle when I broke into fight song motions on Monday night!

So much good news in a short time. God is smiling on the Jensens!

Gina K said...

Even as a diehard Wildcat fan I was on the edge of my seat the whole night and finally able to erupt in celebration! What a game.

And I'm so excited for you that you'll soon have new members of your family! My friend also just got word that they'll be able to get their daughter in about 1 month. Two pieces of great news for my adopting friends!

David and Sheila Derr said...

Oh wow, you guys! I bet you are flying high right now! The wait is almost over; there's an end in sight and we are so excited for you!

Lasiter Family said...

I just found your blog. What an exciting day you had. How awesome to be getting two new children. Congrats.