Monday, August 18, 2008

Will it ever get easier?

You would think after sending Luke to school for four years now that I would be used to all that comes with the first day of school. But it seems in some ways it just gets harder. As always, last night, the evening before the first day of school, was a tough one. I don't know why I do this, but I get so heavy-hearted. I find myself poring back over the summer's events (and my wasn't this one eventful!) and how much Luke has grown. I reflect back on the things we did and the things that were left unaccomplished. And I seem to find myself wanting to freeze time, especially this year. He has matured so much over the past four months and he continues to amaze me every day. I'm so proud of the big brother that he has become--the way he loves his brother and sister. When I looked at his face last night as he was laying in bed, I couldn't help but cry. I am so grateful for his life, health, presence in my life. I hope to never find out what life is like without him. Although he is my oldest, now, I still see him as my baby and can remember the day he was born and placed in my arms. I think kids just show you how quickly life passes. I am enjoying motherhood more now than I ever have and I just hate that time keeps passing by so quickly. I know Matt thinks I am crazy. And he's right when he says, "Man, if you're crying about him going to 3rd grade, I can't wait to see you at this high school graduation!" And you see, that's why I cry. Because I know it will be here before I want it to be! This morning, however, I felt much better, as I always have in the past. To see his bright, shining face, so full of energy and excitement. How can you not be happy for him? The best part, of course, was seeing how excited Maria and Andres were to get their picture taken with him in his classroom. It was like Luke had rock-star quality. Yet another great day for a mom of three. God has truly blessed me!

IS HE REALLY GOING INTO 3RD GRADE? WOW!

MARIA AND ANDRES WERE SO PROUD OF HIM


THE FAMILY OF 5 CELEBRATING THE BIG DAY


ANOTHER YEAR AND OFF HE GOES


HAPPY TO BE AT SCHOOL

ONCE AGAIN, THE PROUD BROTHER AND SISTER
WHO DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE BIG BROTHER

5 comments:

Whitney said...

I still get weepy too!!! I feel your pain!
Whitney

Beth said...

I'm with ya girl! Yesterday was Joaquin's first day of Kindergarten camp and Emi had Junior High orientation and got her locker combination and her class schedule. I cried for 1/2 hour. Time flies.

Marilyn said...

Well, Traci, if its any consolation to you---I am crying that Jarod is moving out Sept 1st---some things with being a mom never changes!! Have a good one.

John, Patty, Tiffany & Brian said...

Sorry to say this Tracy but I don't think it ever gets any easier. Tiffany started 7th grade this past Monday and yes, there I was crying. Then, I had to take Brian to 1st grade and he didn't want me to even walk in with him. The joys of being a mother! Take care!

SpeedyFeetMW said...

Trent wanted to see pictures of his cousins today! He is missing them!